The Do’s and Don’ts for a Website
Creating a website can be an exciting, yet daunting task, as you are building out a central repository and online image for your brand. The way your brand is perceived depends on the content you write, the images you share, the language you use (both written and descriptive) and the overall user experience you are offering to your customer. It is a holistic rendition of what your brand stands for, and is therefore crucial to understand the best practices when it comes to creating a website.
Here are some checklists to keep in mind while building out your website.
- A simple clean layout helps the user navigate around your website easily to find what they are looking for. Messy layouts are a hassle to deal with and no user will invest time in a website with a complicated layout. Here are some references that’ll help you find the most user friendly designs http://bit.ly/2yKsJlc
- Redirecting users away from the main page is a big no-no. Your content needs to be crisp, concise and give the user relevant information all in one place. You can find tons of examples of this here http://bit.ly/1CSUsxR
- Using clean, simple yet powerful imagery is not only good for the user to consume, but also for them to interact with. You can use this link http://bit.ly/2zzRjTn to look for images for your website!
- Subtle colour palettes have a positive and soothing effect on the viewer. Dig deeper into this over here http://bit.ly/1lFKcR6
- Having simple CTAs, optimized buttons and a sorted framework are always advisable. This makes it easy for a user to navigate the website which enhances the user’s experience
- Keeping the website updated is utterly important. If you have store locators, offers, testimonials, business achievements, job openings these should be regularly updated to avoid misinformation
- GIFS, tutorials, newsletters, blogs, guest posting, reviews etc. can make your website look attractive and enlightening and add to the user’s experience
- The content should be really catchy enough to not lose out on the user’s attention. For more tips on how to make your content strong enough, explore this http://bit.ly/1lfwS5A
- Landing page directs a customer to purchase a product or a service so it should function properly and link to the correct page. Want to know more on landing pages? Read here http://bit.ly/1nwg7Aw
- A search option helps a visitor to find out a particular product/service out of the list of products/services. So it saves time of the users and makes it user friendly. This can help you find out how the search option can be even more beneficial http://bit.ly/2zLF2Mk
- If you have enabled comments, address queries and feedback on a timely basis
- Adding your social media widgets to the page can also help direct your user to your social pages
- If you are an e-commerce website or have payment gateways linked to your website, make sure you have an SSL certificate. (eg. https)
- Make sure your website should be compatible across various devices including mobiles
- Your website name, meta-tag & description should be accurate so that users looking for information can directly reach your website. (SEO)
- Don’t miss out on important keywords pertaining to your business. If you’re not sure of what are the right keywords for your business, there are a lot of free tools are available online like this one http://bit.ly/2leiJMg
- Whenever running offers & discounts, make sure your website is updated so that customers have a user-friendly shopping experience and there are minimal complaints.
Got questions or need more guidance when building out your website? Feel free to drop us a line at [email protected], call us on 1800-266-7625 or comment below!