Setup Twitter For Your Business In Less Than 2 Minutes
What’s the next big social networking site after Facebook? With over 316 million active users and 500 million tweets sent per day, Twitter definitely takes that spot. With so much activity happening every second, most businesses consider this as a great network to interact with their audience.
But there are some businesses that have still not capitalized on this amazing network. The good news is ‘It’s not too late’ and the best part is that setting up a Twitter account for your business is really easy. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide.
- Pick a Username: Your username will be your business name, as long as it is available and well within the limit of 15 characters. Incase if your business name is taken, you can get innovative and tying adding a location (eg. @BigRockIndia) or an underscore (eg. @BigRock_India)
- Add a Profile Photo: This should ideally be your company logo or an image that visually represents your brand. Twitter recommends that your profile image should be 400×400 pixels.
- Write Your Bio: You’ve got 160 characters to tell the twitter world what is it that you do. Here’s what we’ve written on our Twitter Bio ‘India’s #1 Destination for Websites, Hosting Services & Domains’.
- Add a Header Photo: It’s a large banner on top of your profile and can be used to showcase products, services or current offers. Recommended dimensions of the header photo is 1500×500 pixels. You can use Canva, an online graphic design tool to create the header photo.
- Send Your First Tweet: You’ve got 140 characters to introduce yourself or narrate your brand story. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #MyFirstTweet before you send out the tweet.